Global Production. Create a hypothetical global corporation and answer the five basic questions that deal with production:
- Where should production be located and should it be concentrated or dispersed?
- What should be the long-term strategic role of foreign productions sites? Should the firm abandon a
foreign site if factor costs change, or is there value to maintaining an operation at a given location
even if economic conditions change?
- Should the firm own foreign production or should production be outsourced?
- How should a globally-dispersed supply chain be managed?
- Should the firm manage the logistics or outsource their management?
Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.