BUSN 420 Business Law Quiz 4 Answers
- (TCO 4) In selling inventory control software to Apex Auto Parts Corporation, Bond tells Apex's purchasing agent that the software is almost human. This is _____.
- (TCO 4) Genie.com initiates an online dating service. To attract subscribers and encourage participation, Genie.com creates and posts profiles of fictitious persons and exaggerated profiles of actual users. Fooled by the false profiles, Ham buys a subscription. He is most likely a victim of _____.
- (TCO 4) Dom, a salesperson for Excel Autos, promises Fern that a certain car will give her a smooth ride. Dom offers a test drive, which Fern declines. She buys the car but soon realizes that its suspension is in poor condition. Fern
- (TCO 4) Reel Graphics, Inc. agrees to assume a debt of Suave Marketing Company to Town Credit Union. This promise is for Reel's benefit. To be enforceable, the promise _______
- (TCO 4) Cody and Debora enter into an oral contract under which Cody agrees to work on Debora's ranch for not less than ten days. This contract is enforceable by _____.
- (TCO 4) Klint Microsystems, a microprocessor manufacturer, was contracted by Zeitar Studios to manufacture specially designed microchips to be used in an audio engineering process. Zeitar was to pay Klint $300,000 as per the contract. Klint decided to redesign their existing microchips and make them suitable for Zeitar. While the finished microchips were being shipped via a carrier, Klint was informed of Zeitar’s insolvency. Klint cancelled the shipment before it was delivered. Klint then resold the chips to another Studio where they had to settle for $150,000, as the chips were now only suitable for specific audio engineering processes.
What legal action can Klint take against Zeitar?
- (TCO 4) Which of the following is true in the event that an assignee does not provide a notice of assignment to the obligor?
- (TCO 4) Ellen, who has a safe driving record, purchases automobile insurance from an insurance company. Ellen cannot assign her rights to be insured to another driver for which of the following reasons?
- (TCO 4) Pure Oil Company enters into a contract with QuikBilt, Inc., to construct an oil pipeline to withstand specific conditions. If QuikBilt fails to meet this standard, which is construed as a breach of contract and a breach of a duty of care, Pure might be awarded punitive damages to _____
- (TCO 4) Handy Hardware Store agrees to hire Ilsa for one year at a salary of $500 per week. When Handy cancels the contract, Ilsa spends $100 to obtain a similar job that pays $450 per week for a year. Ilsa is entitled to recover _____