Focus of the Final Paper
For the Final Paper, you will select one topic from the list below. You will want to choose a topic that is important or interesting to you.
Instructions for completing the Final Paper:
- Please select from one of the following topics, which are addressed in the course textbook, Introduction to Computer Literacy:
Return to the textbook and review the pages in the chapter that pertain to your selected topic.
Next, log in to the Ashford University Library and conduct a search on that topic.
- Collaborative Technologies (covered in Chapter 1)
- Ethical Concerns in Computing (covered in Chapter 1)
- The Digital Divide (covered in Chapter 1)
- Open Source Software (covered in Chapter 3)
- The Impact of Mobile Computing (covered in Chapter 4)
- Social Networks (covered in Chapter 7)
- Protecting Copyrights and Intellectual Property (covered in Chapter 8)
- The Future of Cloud Computing (covered in Chapter 9)
The INF103. tutorial will walk you through the basic steps of doing a search for scholarly articles within the Ashford University Library. A transcript of this video can be accessed through your online course.
- Select two scholarly articles to use in your paper. For each article, write down the author information, date of publication, title of the article, the publication information (journal title), and the database from which you retrieved the article. You will need this information when you create your references for the sources.
- Begin the writing process. You are going to compare the points of view offered by these authors (the author of your textbook and the authors of the two articles you have selected) on your selected topic, and then offer your own point of view based upon your analysis of the readings.