1. (TCOs 5 & 12) Manufacturing cycle time is best defined as the (Points : 4)
length of the work shift, expressed in minutes per day.
time it takes a unit to move from one workstation to the next.
time between the start of one unit and the start of the next unit.
sum of all the task times to make one unit of a product.
time from raw materials receipt to finished product exit.
2. (TCOs 5 & 12) The implementation of JIT offers several advantages, including (Points : 4)
increase in variability to better respond to variable demand.
decreased profit margins.
support for lean production.
increased work in process inventory.
3. (TCOs 5 & 12) Which of the following statements regarding JIT in services is true? (Points : 4)
Restaurants do not use JIT layouts because they interfere with the creation of a good servicescape.
Excess customer demand in services such as air travel is met by dipping into safety stocks.
All of the JIT techniques for dealing with suppliers, layout, inventory, and scheduling are used in services.
Scheduling is not relevant to the effective use of JIT in services.
All of the above are false.
4. (TCO 12) Which of the following is the author of the phrase, “Inventory is evil”? (Points : 4)
Pat “Keiretsu” Morita
None of the above
5. (TCO 12) Great Lakes Barge and Baggage Company makes, among other things, battery-operated bilge pumps. Which of the following activities isnot part of JIT? (Points : 4)
They communicate their schedules to suppliers.
They produce in long production runs to reduce the impact of setup costs.
They use a pull system to move inventory.
They continuously work on reducing setup time.
They produce in small lots.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!