1. Final Research Paper. Due by Day 7. Before you submit your Final Research Paper, make sure that you have
- Reviewed the “Research Paper Guidelines,” available in your online course, to ensure your paper
addresses all required components and develops a clear position in response to one of the writing prompts
- Reviewed the Model Final Research Paper in order to understand expectations for the assignment.
- Incorporated a minimum of five scholarly sources.
- Provided well-researched evidence to support each claim.
- Incorporated feedback or suggestions into your revisions.
- Proofread your final draft for errors in grammar, mechanics, and style.
- Written a paper that is approximately seven to ten pages total in length, including
o a title page
o five to seven pages of body text (1,500 to 2,000 words) o a references page
Formatted your paper according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Your Final Research Paper will be assessed on the following components:
- APA formatting
Writing the Final Research Paper
The Final Research Paper
- Must have a body length of five to seven double-spaced pages formatted according to APA style as
outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought, well-supported claims, and properly cited
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use and cite at least five scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the
Ashford Writing Center.